Contact Info / Websites
TL;DR last paragraph.
Sorry that I didn't come here for a long time. Some of you have contacted me about the progress of the game. Thank you for that. I appreciate it.
I will hereby announce this now. I have stopped making the game for a while now. The last stage that I made is an ice stage that only some close people know about. I've also tuned the game some more in term of control and such...
...but at the same time, I feel something is still not right or something is still missing. This is not my first time saying this, of course. I used to say something along this line back then in the time of the first prototype as well - the one that you can only control Sai and Amp but no Mitch, in the dark forest.
Video game is something I love since I was a kid, and making them is something I love too. Sai Amp Mitch is my 3rd game and I only have a demo for it right now. Back then, I really wish that the game would come out great, but then as time goes by, lots of things happened, and one of the things I realized is even if I finish this game, a small group of people might play it but then after that, they may forget about it. This is something I've been thinking of for a while now, and I know myself that I don't have what it takes to make this go boom right now. And even if it did go boom, how can I sustain this boom before the trend declines? These are some questions that I seek for answers, and I see that the answers reflect certain factual reality.
This may sound contradictory. Sai Amp Mitch sure might only be appreciated by a small group of people. But from what I said, it's as if I want a bigger fish to fry. And it begs the question, do I still want to do this? I ask myself again and again, and the answer is yes, but somehow, in that "yes", something must be change in order for Sai Amp Mitch to work.
TL;DR, I have stopped making the game Sai Amp Mitch already, and I think in order for Sai Amp Mitch to work, it will have to be something rather different.
Play the game at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/685516
and if you would like to support me, feel free to go to http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814391640 for Steam Greenlight,
as well as supporting me via https://twinblazar.itch.io/sai-amp-mitch . Donating at least $10 will net you Deluxe Steam Key which contains the game and the soundtrack when the game is completed in full version.
We currently have some playtesters playing the game right now, and I have been balancing more gameplay features, finetuning controls, fixes more bugs, etc.
After this, I think we should be able to release the demo in the public (as well as on Newgrounds), but I want to make sure everything is proper first. We'll see how it goes.
PS. Wanna testplay? PM me.
1. The second area "Plantain Woods" is pretty much "environmentally" done at this point. We got plantains that fly everywhere when they fall on to the ground so you can go bananas: http://twinblazar.deviantart.com/art/Sai-Amp-Mitch-Explosive-Bananas-640047343
2. Plantaina, Boss for Plantain Woods ready to go bananas: http://twinblazar.deviantart.com/art/Sai-Amp-Mitch-Plantaina-640048355
(I realized I have a thing for girls with freckles)
3. I got a mood for drawing yesterday, so I drew this : http://twinblazar.deviantart.com/art/Sai-Amp-Mitch-Poster-641328005
4. While Sai Amp could dash around to dodge anything being thrown at them, Mitch now got his shield up. His shield demands more precise control as his shield drains energy rather quickly. I will balance this part some more to make sure it is fun to play and all three characters can shine equally.
5. Sai Amp's ESP: given the twins are psychic, they now can sense their surrounding, inspecting enemies as well as seeing and communicating with ghosts. Mitch cannot see ghost.
I've been taking care of some other things needed to be done and put Sai Amp Mitch down for months. Anyway, I am back. See: http://twinblazar.deviantart.com/art/Sai-Amp-Mitch-Prototype-2-634092621
I've been thinking about which direction should Sai Amp Mitch take with respect to many factors since back then, but ... let's cut the crap. tl;dr : I wanna make games I wanna make. Period.
Updates (from image above):
1. I have done second prototype for Sai Amp Mitch and is now already uploaded to Newgrounds and is being testplayed by a few people in a closed group. Wanna testplay? PM me.
2. Mitch is now a playable character alongside Sai and Amp. While the girls are more on the psychic side, Mitch is more on the hardware side.
3. Meet Jelliya, an electrifying jellyfish girl that can multiply and summon lightning. Can also attack with her tentacles. She's your new first boss.
4. The game now has Item Inventory system like in RPG game. AuPlauSe suggested me of combining items and crafting system. We'll see how that could go.
5. AuPlauSe also suggested porting the game to mobile. I tried running the second prototype on a few android phones, and I got 30-50 fps. The game could be played without any issue to the end of prototype HOWEVER this game is played on MOGA Pro Power joystick. I believe Touch Control should not be used for this type of game. Also, there are a few technical charades that must be taken care of for experience to be more complete on mobile. I won't promise anything here, but I hope these issues are addressed in the future. I mean, hey, I could already play the game on smartphone with joystick!
6. Also, thanks to the community: I made several new friends and Wubkat (furaffinity.net/user/wubkat) give me a hand on music. I really appreciate this action and it really motivates me forward with this project.
It's getting late here. Alright, later guys. (^_^)/
Sorry for the lack of updates.
Currently I have a mixed feeling toward Sai Amp Mitch, although it's just a hobby. I have a feeling that the game needs something more in order for it to succeed. I could keep on creating more things and stuff for the game, but if I do that, would I not end up having another Dimentia simply reskinned?
Creating the game (a.k.a. product) is only half the battle. If I end up creating a product that nobody cares, then all those sweats in each night will be for nothing. The other half battle lies within marketing side.
So I have been talking with a few people. I could see that in Dimentia, there are 2 types of players:
1. People who play the game because of the "clone". Let's call this group "clone lover".
2. People who play the game because of the game mechanic. Let's call this group "gamer".
Sometimes a player could fall into 2 categories at the same time.
"Clone lover" likes Cleo Patra and Sky Chasm the most for obvious reason... the stage is filled with multiplying bee girls. However, the Rotten Pinnacle stage and Hell Summit stage have negative impact on them, because things are quite dark. "Clone lover" also sometimes couldn't execute certain action moves validly but fortunately, the game allows other ways to eliminate the obstacle without mastering everything.
"Gamer", on the other note, is ok with any stages, and a few did clear the game at 100% rate. "Gamers" can and know how to execute action moves without much issues and some see through certain element that allows them to exploit and run rampage through the whole game.
Dimentia is pretty much a quirky game that doesn't make much sense and doesn't have that much plot. At that time, I made the game out of pure feeling alone and not much of any reasoning. It is a hobby after all.
But from the players, I can see that at this day of age, it is not really much about the game, is it? I feel it's more about the community. Video games used to be about a local activity, given the retro technology. But today, things change. So too, must games be changed. Why do we have tons of hats in Team Fortress 2, millions of variety of user generated contents for Minecraft and ocean of Touhou fanmade contents?
What would happen to Sai Amp Mitch? I would say something is needed to be changed once again. This is ok though. I believe I am still missing many elements that make the game work. Obviously, I am not talking about art, programming, music or game design. I am talking about other factors that have an impact and flow around the community.
Let me go see some more things first and see how will I go from here.
All right! I just uploaded the testplay version of Sai Amp Mitch on Newgrounds. For now, I will look for testplayers to test the game. If you are interested in playtesting, PM me and I will invite you in.
I've been making a new game called "Sai Amp Mitch". The name of the game is basically the name of 3 protagonists put together:
Sai & Amp: a pair of psychic conjoined twins who go on a journey to discover who and what they are.
Mitch: A man that Sai and Amp encountered while he is covered in blood.
I have been making this game for a while now. Currently,
Stage 1: First stage is pretty much 70% done at this point. What remains is possibly the boss. This time, I felt the stage is a lot shorter than Dimentia's stages, but this is ok. I got several comments on Dimentia's stages being way too long. This time, the stage will be shorter. If it's too short, I wouldn't mind making a stage longer later.
Sai & Amp's Attacks: It has been decided that Sai and Amp will be Psychic Conjoined Twins and can throw enemies around with their psychokinesis. To make things more interesting, see http://twinblazar.deviantart.com/art/Sai-Amp-Mitch-screenshot-4-599873249 , ...yes, that's Amp kissing Sai. :P One twin can transfer her psychic power to another by kissing her twin's cheek, combining their psychic power and "launch" enemies with great force to their desired direction. They can ram enemies on to the ground, wall, ceiling or to other enemies.
Sai & Amp's Private Chat: Being Psychic Conjoined Twins, the twins can communicate with each other telepathically and know what one another is thinking. They do not and cannot hide anything from each other. From time to time, they will talk telepathically to each other and these telepathic communication will appear right on to the game's screen. An example can be seen at http://twinblazar.deviantart.com/art/Sai-Amp-Mitch-screenshot-2-599873109.
Some more screenshots:
All righto. Later, guys,
If you have heard that I left the Newgrounds Zero Hour team leaving the team hanging, that is false information. Actually, I did not left the team. I have been removed and blocked.
I have to make a disappointing announcement.
There is a certain element that disappointed me. I have seen that I can help no longer, not because I don't want to, but because some places are too difficult to reach and some places lack growing grasses.
Whatever the case, plan B has already been mentioned and suggested, and it still allows this project to be continued given the current assets and resources and remaining time. If Plan A no longer worked for certain key members, then Plan B should be carried out. Sure, the project might not be the same, but this will make it so all will not go to waste. All the resources and assets are still there and Phoenix could still be reborn. However, I will not be the one who reraise the Phoenix. Rather, I hope it will be reraised by the very hand of the rightful origin. If that's the case, then I will be very happy. This will mean the distance has been rightfully satisfied, grasses could finally grow and a man will be able to stand finely and proud of himself. ( * play Undertale OST: 071 - Undertale * )
Anyway, I am no longer in this project and I will take a break for now.